- We do not vet and are not responsible for any of the information which is posted on the Student Noticeboard.
We are not the author or publisher of any such information.
- Any opinions expressed are the opinions of the users of the Forum, and do not represent any advice or opinions of YUSU.
Any recommendation or other information within the Student Noticeboard is followed by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy of the information posted on it in any respect.
YUSU is not responsible for and gives no endorsement of such material.
YUSU reserves the right to remove any message at its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
This reservation of right to delete messages does not mean that YUSU assumes any responsibility for the information contained on the Student Noticeboard nor for content in messages exchanged between users through private messaging.
No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by us.
- By posting an advert, you warrant that:
- You are a student or staff member at the University of York;
- You acknowledge YUSU is entitled to contact you for administration purposes
You may use the Student Noticeboard only to post adverts, comments, messages and materials that are proper
and appropriate to it and without limiting the generality of the foregoing you shall not do any of the following:
- Post adverts or messages, send private messages or post links to other sites that:
- may be considered likely to provoke, offend, threaten, defame, stalk or harass others;
- contain libellous, abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic,
ageist, sexually explicit, obscene or otherwise vulgar or in bad taste material;
- bully another user by deliberate, repeated and hostile behaviour intended to undermine, humiliate or belittle;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others; or
- break the law or encourage unlawful activity (e.g. illicit drug use).
- Post on the Student Noticeboard, or send through the private messaging service, spam, junk mail or chain letters;
- Carry out a Denial of Service Attack;
- Start a Flame War or deliberately post false or controversial messages solely to annoy or offend or gain attention (otherwise known as Trolling);
- upload files or post anything containing malicious code, viruses, corrupted files or other similar harmful programs or material that may damage the operation of the Student Noticeboard's or any other party's computer;
- upload files or post anything that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of confidentiality or privacy of publicity, where applicable) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- upload files or post anything which contains an active hypertext link to another website;
- post a comment on a current court case (as to do so may be in contempt of court);
- post any material which is copied to which you do not own the copyright;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- falsify the origin or source of any content or other material (including software contained in a file that is uploaded);
- All advert posts are moderated before they become active on the Student Noticeboard. All replies to threads under the ‘Noticeboard’ section of the website are moderated after material has been posted to determine whether they are suitable to remain.
- The moderators actively monitor the Forum but we cannot be online 24 hours a day and users may post inappropriate material on threads.
- If you discover any content on the Forum which you consider breaches any of these Forum Terms, or is otherwise unacceptable, you should notify YUSU by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit messages immediately.
- You acknowledge that YUSU does not pre-screen replies to threads, but moderators have the right to delete or edit any thread that breaks any of these Terms.
- YUSU will decide whether to warn or ban the user who breached the Forum Terms. Users who break these Forum Terms after receiving a warning may be permanently banned.
- YUSU shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of the Forum or any information posted in it without notice and without incurring any liability.
- You acknowledge that YUSU has the right to delete an account without prior notice or reason. YUSU is not obliged to enter into any correspondence regarding the moderation of content on the Student Noticeboard.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that YUSU may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and any content posted by you in order to:
(a) comply with any legal process;
(b) enforce these Student Noticeboard Terms;
(c) respond to claims that any content posted on the Forum violates the rights of third parties;
(d) respond to your requests for customer service; or
(e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of YUSU, other users of this website and the public.
To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us
(including, without limitation, administrators and moderators) hereby expressly exclude:
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user
in connection with our Student Noticeboard or in connection with the use, inability to use,
or results of the use of our Student Noticeboard,and any materials posted on it, including,
without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence,
nor our fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any
other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
The Student Noticeboard Terms are subject to change at any time.
YUSU will aim to make users aware of any significant changes.
You should check the Student Noticeboard Terms periodically to ensure
that you are aware of and complying with the current version.
Use of the site following changes shall indicate your acceptance of the new Forum Terms.
If any of these Student Noticeboard Terms are determined by any competent authority
to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision
will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which
will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Student Noticeboard Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the
laws of England and Wales and you and YUSU agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the English courts for the determination of disputes.